Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
so …these early-weekday Posts seem to be more and more difficult to write. Naturally, I immediately go to the Question of why? [Allow me to interrupt myself. clarks ask why, scotts ask what and rogers ask how, right?… well, actually it goes a little deeper than that, but I need to complete this here Post here.]
where were we? the Question is, ‘is it true that these Posts have been more difficult to write’ [Wait just a damn minute!! Did you see what I just said? wtf??! hey, if we didn't all ready have a Wakefield Doctrine which includes three worldviews, i.e. reality of the Outsider (clarks), the Predator (scotts) and the Herd (rogers), I could have re-discovered clarks with that single, awkward (and incomplete) sentence there! "is it true that these Posts are more difficult to write"?!? Holy shit!! what kind of person, in a sincere effort to discover some inner truth, proceeds by way of:
- starts with the pluperfect conjective form of a question and proceeds to stick about six layers of qualifications and conditions on top of it
- makes it sounds like a question, but doesn't given the slightest hint who the question is being addressed to
- and…and! is this even a question!!??! frickin clarks! you know the worst thing about clarks? the persistence in our attempts to secure validation from the world that we imagine we know is around us! damn! if I had a nickel for every time I posed a secret question about what I thought I should be doing, I'd be a millionaire! you know what I mean about secret questions…. like the characteristic smile of the clark: press the lips together, aim it at the people you want to believe are being friendly and hope for the best
alright….sorry for the rant. (not really, but it sounds good to say). and since were on the subject of apologies!!! here:
- clarks apologize too sincerely
- scotts…. well, come on seriously! who can stay mad at a scott…. they roll over, offer their soft under-belly let you stand over them for a symbolic second and then its "come on!! come one!! lets chase something!!!"
- rogers… don't even get me started, rogers apologize the way a good hooker has sex, totally satisfying and convincingly ...until you get the bill
hey that was fun!! no, there is no underlying rationale to today's Post 'just a havin fun' as Johnny Winter sang*…oh it must have been 40 damn years ago!
Hey!! Experienced Doctrine Readers!! you guys know this shit… why doncha go ahead and finish this Post for us (in the Comments, of course), I'll even leave you some spare words (left over from the beginning Part iv)
: a) am I confused as to my audience and therefore conflicted in what to say? or 2) am I just at an ebb in the cycle that has existed since the very first Post was written? or c) am I just wandering, rhetorically speaking, in today's Post, hoping to stumble upon an idea, a theme, a thought ….a hook for today Post?
the Answer is:
* yeah, down here: