Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
1) I’m grateful to have work, actually a business, but you know what I mean, that allows me to spend time driving in my car (which is an item a bit further down on this here List here)
2) This week I was driving through North Stonington Ct heading towards Griswold and one of my favorite houses (the creepy old house with the walkup attic, the rickety cellar stairs and the occasional feral cat waiting to surprise me) and as I approached the intersection of Rt201 and Rt165 I noticed some black and white shapes in the field to my left (1st photo). Naturally my first thought was, ‘Weekly cows!’ but as I got closer and closer, what I saw forced me to pull the car to the side of the road.
3) Happy to have a couple of cameras in the car. I used the phone, stopped and zoomed in, the result:
4) yeah, I know! what.the.hell I got the pictures and continued on my way to the creepy house that I had to check up on, (there was some repair work that was supposed to have been done). (hey! seeing how this is turning into Photo Phriday/Pitcha Saturday, lets see if I can find a photo of that too!)
classic Old house attic, non?
in case this is not charming enough, then for reference, the house:
5) ok enough for the ‘work Thankfuls!’ (oh, sorry… #5: I am grateful that I have other items on my TToT list this week.)
6) the pre- ‘We-are-Free’ April Blog Challenge lead up work. I’m thankful for Z and Kristi, Val and (even) Dyanne who are all planing on doing the 30 day post-a-thon. I’m trying to get in the spirit of the thing, but I have a rather weak tertiary rogerian aspect, so I have yet to do a number of the things that the more experienced bloggers are doing, i.e. Theme reveals… changing their blog theme to match the theme of their planned posts, having plastic surgery in order to look like a famous historical blogger!*
7) Lizzi and Denise and the others for their Post-Topics disguised as simple Comments! Thanks guys, will totally be getting back to the question of ‘clarks and the world’, and ‘the diminution of the rogerian expression at the onset of advancing age’.
8) SVG (that new one… still don’t have her name, but the whole 7 Guard Virgins are stepping lively since she arrived on the scene!) I want to give a shout-out to our Friendita Cynderita, as she was the prescient life form who first mentioned these …. people.
9) For you newer Participants… there is a book (check with Z/I and L, each have 1 of the 4 remaining copies of) the Book of Secret Rules (aka the Secret Book of Rules), which is one of the the things about this here bloghop that sets us totally apart from the rest of the ‘sphere (well, that and the…. uniquely talented co-hostinae…. they are the ones that you should go to first, when the authorities come around and demand an explanation!)
* well, yes, I did make that part up… I doubt any of the rogers at ‘Avarice and Zenaphobia’ Monthly Challenge are having any significant plastic surgery performed, unless it would really make them the envy of the other bloggers.