Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
<photo 1><4 year old Chodsky Pes sitting in the front passenger seat of an A4 as the car travels, at speeds not exceeding 10 mph, over the streets of Hope Valley, RI. The passenger side window (now beginning to acquire a patina of dog slobber) is open to a halfway point, allowing the dog (‘Una’) to put her entire head (but no more) outside the car. Una’s nose is flaring at a very high rate, her ears are back, the very image of a dog ‘on a scent’. Every 39 seconds, Una pulls her head back into the car, looks out the through the windshield, looks over to me, smiling a smile (that aficionados of canines work constantly for), then back out the window.>
Interesting week. Lets try to make it more interesting.
<photo 2><a computer screen showing the Post Editor view of the most current Post of ‘the 2 Mile Run presents, ‘the Gravity Challenge’. All photos, except for the writer’s. are embedded in the Post, (Titled: August 8, 2015 …the last day of the week for all ‘G Challengers’ well done, yo, well done. clearly, this blog has a huge jones for salacious and provocative Post titles.) The variety of scale readouts that are evidenced in the photos that are pasted above each participant’s name immediately jumps out at the viewer… some are full readouts of old analog scales and others are digital readouts and one…. one seems to have a little person in it. One assumes that the participants enjoy variety.>
<photo 3><comprised of what one might refer to as ‘hillocks’… (assuming one was living and writing in 14th Century England, of course) the trees in the area leading the treehouse are pine, yet the tree that the treehouse is built on is maple. The stairs lead to a door that opens into the interior, the walls have rectangular openings and there is, just a hint of a deck, projecting off the far side of the structure. The roof is visible and is a dark grey asphalt shingle. The sides are un-finished pine. Overall, the effect is: small house set in a tree in a clearing in a wood. Maybe not hobbits, but (possibly) Huck Finn.>
Second item: Phyllis’s treehouse project. The construction is complete, the window openings are next, current thinking is, roll-up bamboo screens/shades
3) well, how often have we done a total photo TTOT post? that does kinda sound like fun… Kristi and Val and very good at that format… will have to give it a try. For this Item, lets say that I’m grateful that I don’t have to write a description for a full ten items, and let it go at that.
<photo 4><the western sky from the backyard at about 3:32 one afternoon this week past, property is mostly pine trees and so, even with the clearing for the house and yard, the horizon is always at about 65° the foreground is trees to the left blending in to the dark shape of the back of the house and the second floor deck, behind and above center is a sky that is that totally amazing ‘school-is-about-to-start-again-blue’ in the center of this blue field are rows of clouds… in an wavy pattern (straight waves or curvy waves) parallel rows disappearing into the dark woods below and dissipating into the strong blue above… they are of a grayish color that would not have you thinking, ‘shit! I just washed my car’! and they are somewhat fluffy…. as fluffy as clouds might be and still be clearly defined rows.> aka ‘a mackerel sky’ and an indicator of precipitation within 24 hours.
Fourth Item: the appreciation, not only of clouds and digital cameras, but also of acquiring knowledge (predictive qualities of clouds) that can be interesting, amusing or intriguing.
5) zoe and her damn Six Sentence Challenge!! I love it and I hate it. (you know, one of the first things that struck me about this blog thing is how good the writers (of blogs) are and how, at least in terms of those I came into contact with at the beginning, courteous and encouraging they were (and are) to me in my efforts to: a) present the Wakefield Doctrine in a way that would allow anyone to read it, understand it, use it and benefit by it and 2) learn to write good in any event, as everyone is getting from this here Post here, I’m really taking the ‘improve by practice’ thing to heart. hey z thanks a lot!
6) got a chance to do some physical labor this week! In the form of one of my all time favorite things to do: dig holes and move the earth from here…. to over there! (I’d try for a ‘photo description’ of me and shovel and shell barrow, but there’s not enough time to brush up on my DH Lawrence)
7) the Wakefield Doctrine well, just because it’s become the thing that allows me to believe that the things I’ve allows wanted to believe I could develop within myself are, in fact, already within and… and! there’s a chance that if I really put myself into it…. I can become… (whatever it is that, while not necessarily making me a real person, will dull the edge of the part of myself that contends with my status as an Outsider).
8) Lizzi and the co-hostinae and them here at the TToT (yeah, damn! if I thought of this Item at the beginning, I might have had the time… and the energy, to take on a photo description of them… probably just as well, surely get myself in trouble trying that!)
9) Book of Secret Rules (aka the Secret Book of Rules) if for no other reason than SR 1.3
10) SR 1.3