Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
3) ….all three are located here, in the recent past…. step through here
4) speaking of recent Past. I am grateful for the experience of not running over a cat today! So, I was driving along a fairly wide, non-interstate-highway type road and paying attention, (as I usually do), and I saw a cat running across a lawn on my right (and about 2 house up the road) heading across the road. The thing of it was, it was running, not sprinting and although it looked in my direction as it left the lawn (of the house on the right) and hit the pavement, I could see the cat logic, in it’s brain was surely insisting that it needed to continue on it’s path. I applied significant breakage and slowed down. The cat did not, he kept on running (as Mr. Anderson would have said) but, having the situation under control I was able to visualize the path of the cat and there is no doubt that our paths would have crossed, much to the detriment of said, unidentified feline, had I not seen it and slowed down.
5) to further enhance my experience, once I was certain that I was not going to run over the cat, I enjoyed the realization that I had not. I actually thought, ‘hey! no matter what else I do today, it has been a successful day’. I then laughed at how very strange the interior life of clarks experience and, how, in the privacy of our own minds, there is much good. It’s too bad that there is so very little hope of translating those kinds of moments into anything that has an exchange value for use in our interactions (socially) with the rogers and the scotts.
6) I am grateful that I know Kristi Campbell. I cite this because she wrote a Post that I read today (which, given how little time I seem to have these days, is saying something in and of itself)… the Post was a part of her Finish the Sentence Friday ‘hop, and it was titled: ‘8 ways to cost self compassion. or, how not to be, or raise, an asshole’
7) Una and our Friday Night Car Rides and the fact that I did not try and upload the two videos I made last evening. Both of them were not very good and, even though sometimes that does not stop me, this time I thought, ‘clark, just because this is live, and it was good for the first 2.3 minutes… sometimes it’s best to forego the act of Posting’ I’m glad that I did. …forgo the Posting, that is.
8) the Wakefield Doctrine Saturday Night Call-in… which we do every Saturday night at 8 pm (the number is on the front page somewhere)… and last week we had a surprise Caller in the form of Jean! A very significant part of the fun is when we get these unanticipated people dropping in… she was, you won’t be surprised to hear, delightful and it was an enjoyable Call-ins conversation.
9) Cyndi… now, she is doing well and we are very proud of her, so why dontcha go to Pictimilitude and see for yourself!
10) SR 1.3*
* Secret Rule (from the Book of Secret Rules (aka the secret Book of Rules) that states: ‘the completion of a list of 10 items, can, in fact, be one of those items. Traditionally it is saved for number 10, but there ain’t no Secret Rule what says you have to use it as number 10. ya know?’