Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
no, seriously! Today’s subtitle is not nearly as cynical, sardonic or sarcastic as it may sound on first read. It’s a statement of fact for clarks, a funny thing for scotts and flashing of emotional content for rogers. But, as they say in one of the top three funniest movies of all time, ‘but that’s not important right now’*
What is important is that I continue to provide insights, suggestions, advice and information to help anyone interested in better understanding the people in their lives, to appreciate what the Wakefield Doctrine has to offer.
The Wakefield Doctrine offers:
- an additional perspective on the world around us, which can be a good thing, provided you’re a person who believes that there is more than one way to see the world
- speaking of ‘more than one way to see the world’, isn’t the verb in that very common observation begging for a closer look? damn straight it does!
- we’ll get to that as soon as I complete this here bullet list here; according to the Doctrine, we have three ‘ways’ (there it is again!!) to experience the world: as an Outsider(clark), Predator(scott) and a Herd Member(roger) and by ‘experience‘ we mean ‘personal reality’ and by ‘personal reality’ we mean, the world actually is quantifiable (provided you’re a roger), full of prey and larger predators (if you’re a scott) and distant and apart from, a country for which you lost your citizenship (if you woke up this morning, a clark)
ok! any questions, write a comment.
that business about ‘more than one way to see the world’? online dictionary:
1) a method, style, or manner of doing something
2) a road, track, path, or street for traveling along
how convenient is that?! three examples of noun (and) adverbial form(s) of the word! I’ll leave you, the Reader, to decide which (definition) corresponds to which worldview, (because you know that they will!)
On to other Tuesday Business.
Hey! Friend of the Doctrine zoe is working on this very excellent site, (the) ‘Carrot‘ and, I believe she has something going on Monday’s (or will have going on, on Mondays), so what say you jump over there…. click here and check it out. If you do, I’ll tell you about the latest in ‘Blogdominion’ and, maybe even tell you about the upcoming Chapter 20!! ‘gwan with ye now!’
Blogdominion Chapter 19. yeah, it does end with a bit of an old-school cliff hanger! what can I say? Sister Margaret! that young lady has a way of finding the road-less-traveled, whether she likes it or not! So… Chapter 20? I believe we’re all in for some surprises. No, really! I’m including myself in that promise! (For those just joining us, I’ll say, GO READ the Story! start with the Prologue and then up to Chapter 19. Seriously, it’s a fun adventure but, like most fun stories, it’s as much about the people in it as it is about what happens. My approach to writing Blogdominion is, what I believe, they refer to as, ‘seat of the pants’ style (of writing). Want to know how serious I am about this approach I am? I don’t know, as of this writing (7:24 am Tuesday the 23rd), how Chapter 20 ends!
So, go! read the story and join us on the adventure!