Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
1) all the gang at the 2 Mile Run presents, ‘Hurry up and Weight’ Gravity Challenge. This is actually a daily (with Sundays off…we’re not total heathens!) exercise in self…. something-ness. (I might say, ‘expanding the definition of my current worldview’ Kristi, if asked, ‘…just doing whats right, in the company of other good people’… or Val: ‘…it’s a good idea and it’s helpful’ or Lisa, pressed for what it is that she likes about the Gravity Challenge, ‘just that it helps to know that other people are encouraging each other by their good attitudes‘ then again, our scottian cohorts (Christine and Joy and Alex)… would laugh and say, ‘hey! it’s fun…it helps… don’t make too big a deal of it!!’
2) Una and our ‘walks’ (it’s been suggested by some of my co-hostinae that I should be listing Una in her own standalone Item… I concur)
3) work… what a wonderful opportunity to seek to perceive and find ways to self-improve-myself! I mean, like, my being in a sales-based form of work, it’s pretty all much interpersonal qualities… not like being an expert mechanic (like Friend of the Doctrine Alex) or being Kindergarden Teaser like Dyanne… it’s pretty much ‘ok-clark-relate-to-your-clients-and-provide-outstanding-and-expert-service.
4) Phyllis and her sense of non-staid-adulthood (which is all the more outstanding a quality, her being a roger and all), who has decided that what we really need is a treehouse! (photo below. she had the good sense to have our carpenter-guy, Tom, do the framing and such, but, Phyllis will be doing the siding/walls and all.)
5) the Wakefield Doctrine, not just because it’s an incredibly useful perspective on the behavior of the people in my life, not just because it’s fun to know more about the other person, (than I have any right to know), it’s because it has led me here to the ‘sphere, (‘dragged me’ might be more accurate. If you’d of asked me, the week before the decision was made to write blog, what I thought about blogs and bloggers, I would have said something like, “…who would care what I had for breakfast.” or “no one needs to hear my thoughts on the geopolitical crisis in Outer Hamburgia”. Now, 5 years later, I will say in all sincerity, I wouldn’t spend my free time (not counting family and lawn-mowing and reading books time, of course), anywhere else.
6) It reminds me of the first Post I wrote. Like for a lot of people it was stressful. I worried about writing something worthwhile and I checked and double-checked the spelling and the grammar and all, mostly I appreciated the fact that when I hit ‘Publish’ there would be no turning back. The moment came and I hit ‘Publish’. I then leaned over and turned off the computer, got up, got in my car and drove around for an hour. lol
7) New Secret Rule!! New Secret Rule!! If I haven’t been able finish all 10 items by 7:30 on Saturday, due to legitimate work, family responsibility or …well, because!‘ the SR 717.3 (subchapter 5) allows me to borrow the 3rd Item from the 5th TToT Post on the page with all the icons!
“3. These days, that thing I’m doing when they leave usually is something in the kitchen. I’ve been able to make real meals every night. I can plan and use what needs used in the fridge. I can look up new recipes and even try them out. I’ve also made dessert most nights, so the kids are happy, happy, happy.”
(rats! I couldn’t copy out the pitcha! you need to go to ‘the coop’ and see what I mean)
8) I am totally thankful for the Book of Secret Rules (aka the Secret Book of Rules). If you’re will to work hard, use your imagination and be prepared to dance like John Travolta, (or… or…. trying to think of famous female dancers, at least one famous for a particular dance sequence), then nothing bad will happen.
9) the Wakefield Doctrine Saturday Night Drive!! 8:00 to 8:45 EDT call 1-218-339-0422 access code: 512103# and join for a live and lively discussion about all things Doctrine!