Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
1) the lead picture: gift envelope from my friend zoe… (as a rule, I have never been a fan of receiving mail, seeing how up until the last year, all I got was/were bills). But here I am, getting envelopes from foreign countries and, even Massachusetts!
2) …contained in the (above) envelope was a gift (also from zoe, which should be no surprise, as she was the one who sent the envelope) a card holder… as in business card. very cool
3) I am grateful for whatever it is that gets me to jump up and include a piece of my ‘real life’ in a blog Post. Let me re-phrase that: I am grateful for the friends I have here in the ‘sphere, because I am, apparently, quite comfortable including pretty much any strange-ass thought/impression/occurrence on these pages. An example: so, like, a few minutes ago, I’m cable-surfing and stop for a second at the Weather Channel because I hear someone say, ‘Indiana‘… naturally I think, ‘hey, thats where Christine lives!’* The whether guy says, “…a threat of thunderstorms into tonight, and we have to mention, of course, that there is always a chance of tornadoes in or around or near the center of this area (a red blob on his whether map), there is a 3 out of 10 chance** of possible tornadoes!! So you should be prepared with your NOAA radios or apps and standby for any ‘life threatening warnings‘!” I laughed.
4) I am grateful that I don’t live with Dyanne (well, not grateful that I don’t live with her…that might not be awful, just not in Tornado Junction OK (or Missouri or wherever it is she and I do not live together at)… I was raised on the 1940s movie, ‘Wizard of Oz’, and even though I have never seen a tornado in person, I find the very concept totally frightening. Now, I’ve stood on the beach as the eye of a hurricane passes, but tornadoes? …way too identifiable, personal, specific …scary storms.
5) hey, older Readers!! anyone of an an age to have seen and enjoyed watching ‘The Wizard of Oz’, allow me to recommend ‘Tin Man’ this is a most excellent re-telling of the original… you should look it up and watch it, you’ll be glad you did. (Hey hey! according to my reading of the the BoSR, (aka BoR) this counts as a paid-forward-gratitude-item!)
6) glad that this bloghop enables me to make movie recommendations! My reading of ‘the Book’ says that if you take my advice, watch the movie and enjoy it, then next week you should have a 10% easier time writing your TToT!
7) I am grateful this week to my wife Phyllis for writing our Guest Post Thursday Guest Post this week…very nice work, quite rogerian (the rogerian weeks are coming to be my favorite of the three cycling Guest Posts)
8) I am hypograteful for the progress of the current Summer season. I am, of course, glad the days are long and last almost until night, but I am one of those people who, when asked by some scott ‘Hey! hot enough for ya?!’ will answer, sincerely and truthfully, ‘why no, no it is not hot enough for me’. I see ahead on the calendar… scenes of Eskimos raking leaves and gathering food for the long, cold and not warm winter season. In fact, when I leave the office in the middle of the day, and my car has been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours, I enjoy putting both hands on the steering wheel and feeling the warmth, sort of a 29.3 mpg sauna, ya know?
9) …that so many of my friends online go on vacation….Lizzi this week, Christine last week, Dyanne the week before and…and Joy the week before that, I enjoy the concept of ‘going on a vacation’ and so get a kick out of hearing about their time, at the shore, in the woods, on the road.
10) …oh, yeah! I am grateful for all the new Readers and Participants at this here bloghop, here ( like Pattie and Val and NaPR and Jen… Summer can be busy and often the ‘regulars’ have activities that draw them away during these weeks. (Sort of how, if you had to had to go to Summer School, you might get to know people you only saw in passing during the normal school year). …and I enjoy watching people come here for the third time and see it dawn on them, “you mean you can make up Rules, as long as they are clever enough?” or ” so, if I see someone say something to someone else in a Post, it’s not rude to, like, totally interrupt?!?” even, “GuardVirgins? what the hell kind of bloghop have I stumbled in to?!!?” not to worry… if anything too weird seems to happen, you can always ask zoe
* yes, I do think the word ‘hey!’ no, I don’t ever consider that it might be strange that I have to shout to get my (own) attention
** which is clearly more attention worthy than say, ‘a 30% chance of tornados’