Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers)
Congratulations! You have completed Neutronium Week (at the Wakefield Doctrine).
…very well done
***Warm up Question: The personality type that is the best at giving Compliments:
- clarks… not! sorry, they are great at a lot of things but (see?! see!?!! right there!!! he’s making up the fricken Question and he can’t give a compliment without holding back…. jeez!!!)
- scotts totally direct and enthusiastic and you will know that you have been recognized by the (local) pack Leader ( no! under no circumstances should you ‘join him/her up there in front of everyone and let everyone see what the fuss is all about!’)
- roger yeah, pretty good at conveying a compliment… famous, in fact, (where is that wikipedia?…) “…and Brutus is an honorable man.” see? rogers are great at eulogies and even bar mitzvahs !
OK Everyone ready?
You totally need a job. You see an ad in the local paper. ‘Fatti Mac’*s needs help to cope with increasing business, call 212-666-1234 for an Interview‘. You’re a little early for your appointment with the owner. The place is quite busy for 10:30 on a weekday morning, all but 2 tables are occupied. The Owner is at the grill cooking, (this is an open kitchen design), he looks up as you walk in the door, waves a spatula in the direction of the empty table near the door and goes back to cooking. There is a woman standing at the cash register, ringing out a customer. She looks up, frowns then smiles and says, “You must be Emily! To be honest with you, I’m really kind of busy right now, but I left an application on that table over there. If you want to get started I’ll try to get over to you in a minute. We’re really kinda swamped right now“. Looking over to the table, you see a single sheet of paper marked Application for Employment.
- Sit at the table, (not before taking out a tissue and wiping off the table top) and begin to read the Application for Employment?
- Decide that the Owner should have paused at least for a moment, and come over to properly introduce himself and even though the woman at the cash register seems nice, they are both being rude, so you turn around and walk out of the restaurant?
- Pick up the dishes from a recently empty table and take them to what appears to be the kitchen…?
You work in a Title Company, in a job in the middle of the chain of responsibility, it is a very high-pressure environment. Work must be done to a demanding deadline and there is zero margin of error. The woman you work for is (currently) in a conflict with her counterpart in another department. You are friendly with both (did we mention that you do not intend to remain in the middle of the chain of responsibility?) and you encounter them (separately) in the break room over the course of a day when tempers are reaching operatic proportions. oh, yeah! one is a scott and the other is a roger, and, because this is a standardized test, you are a clark.*
What do you say to the scott?
- nothing, you can see that she’s totally upset so, best say nothing
- joke with her… and say something about you just saw the most recent EEOC Report and the Company has totally met the quota for hiring drama queens
- needle her about how the other woman is clearly Management’s favorite and suggest that, maybe, it might be a good idea for her to apologize
What do you say to the roger?
- nothing, you know what rogers are like when they’re hurting and (you) really don’t need the either the knife or the twisting
- wait for a crowd to gather and make a joke about how she’s clearly beating down the other woman, while winking at your audience
- share how badly you felt, in 5th grade, when your book report somehow got folded in your book bag and had a crease in it that you couldn’t get out and how angry you were when someone pointed it out to the teacher.
(Put your Pencils down! It is time for a Break. Hey!! we’re not in on the Finish the Sentence Friday today, (I have a X Chrome Deficiency but, Phyllis tells me if I wash enough dishes and not leave my socks on the floor I might be able to recover.) In any event, you should take advantage of our little recess and go over and visit Kristi and Stephanie and Kate and, of course, Janine… they always have Post worth reading, they are, as a group and as individuals, total link-worthy! Tell ’em, the Doctrine sent ya.)
If you haven’t already done so, go to the Pre-dominant Worldview Assessment and take the Test, come back and tell us how you did, ok?
* Thanks to Denise over at Girlie on the Edge for this scenario