Welcome to the Wakefield Doctrine (“…the view from outside, how it looks in the distance, the perspective from the inside “)
The Wakefield Doctrine is a perspective on life. Might as well say ‘Life’, because we are not limiting ourselves to the biological ‘age and run down and finally die‘, nor are we remaining on the sociological level in terms of ‘the people in our lives and the people who influence our lives and the people who limit our lives‘, and we are so not ‘staying in the here and now…live until you die…eat+drink+reproduce+sleep life of the predator‘.
The Wakefield Doctrine‘s Life that it is talking about is:
- this screen you are looking at to read these words
- the money you spent to buy the device that you are looking at
- the job or the parents or the free-at-a-cost source of money that allowed you to buy the device
- the reason you enjoy this blog or the reason you need to be distracted, if only for a moment
- the hope that you can learn, the fear that you might miss out on or the confidence that you are in the right place
- all of these things, the people (and the way that we feel about them) the places (where we are and we hope to be and regret getting to) and things (that may help us or hurt us or change things forever in our lives)
We say that the Doctrine is a ‘perspective’ because we are offering a different view of the same thing that we all possess. We all may live on the planet Earth (even the clarks1) and we all can read the newspapers that tell us what is happening in the world at large.
The Wakefield Doctrine does not care about the world at large. We care about the world at small. The world that you and I and us experience today seems to match up/resemble/have the characteristics of the three worldviews of the Wakefield Doctrine:
- the world of the Outsider (clarks)
- the world of the predator (scotts)
- the world of the herd member (rogers)
*a joke for you clarks, who, btw make up the current majority of Readers…what a frickin surprise
** there is a phone number and access code around here somewhere…if you want to call bad enough, you can find it.